Saturday, April 10, 2010

Problem Solved


I love pushing buttons and seeing what happens when I click around on the computer. Last week, in my experimentation, I did something to my DOE e-mail which left me unable to find any of the old mail I saved and unable to even open new mail. At first I thought Outlook had made some changes that I was unaware of and figured the problem would be straightened out in a few days. I was so sure everyone was facing the same problems, I didn't give any of it much thought until I noticed a colleague checking his mail on the same old screen I had been using forever.

Then, I got worried. I knew it wasn't my computer because I had the same problems on every computer I used. And then, I started clicking around again and wa la, my problem was solved. I inadvertently changed some setting to conversations only and this prevented me from getting my mail.

I feel good. I was able to solve the problem on my own. True, it should never have been a problem in the first place, but it is what it is. If there is a button to push, a click to be clicked, I am going to do it, I can't help myself. The best part of all this is that I is that I learned something and I didn't need help from anyone.

No comments: