Friday, April 23, 2010

Delivered As Promised

I bitched, I got what I wanted and I wimped out.

The school is offering Smart Board training and I signed up immediately but when I got the acceptance letter, I saw it involved 17 hours, some days for two hours at a time, others for three hours. I wanted to do it but these old bones can't handle that many hours after a full day of work so I turned it down.

I heard there is a waiting list so I don't feel so bad. At least someone will learn use it wisely.

(I am still green with envy every time I walk by a room where someone is using one.)

3 comments:

Curmudgeon said...

oh well.

Download the software for free and get the registration code from any SmartBoard in the building. There's something like 100 software registrations per physical board.

Make some .notebook files on your own time schedule and bring them to the other classroom to try out.

Go here,
http://community.teqsmart.org/
signup and download notebooks that others have made.

Don't give up on your dream!

Anonymous said...

I have been using a SMART Board for almost 2 years now and LOVE it...especially for Geometry. (It's also quite useful for creating pictures to use on test, ws, etc.)

I agree with the other comment posted here. However, I think that the training sessions that I went to were well worth it. BUT, be willing to put in a lot of extra time getting familiar with all the the software can do!!!

Good Luck.

Pissedoffteacher said...

I am green with envy watching another teacher use the smart board. Just being in school from 7:15 until 6 is too much for me. I wish there was some way to learn it without this much of a time commitment. I wouldn't mind doing stuff on my own after an initial introduction.