Monday, April 05, 2010

How Do Most People Do This?


I just left a $450 deposit at the dentist for some work that has to be done. After he gets my insurance check he will bill me for the rest.

I don't understand how the average person can afford this. Before my husband retired, we had double coverage. His was very good and paid for almost everything. My coverage pays almost nothing. True, I could go to a participating dentist, but at this stage of my life, I am afraid of change. I'm just glad that this expense is not going to break the bank.

1 comment:

Little Chef On The Prairie said...

I can relate so much!!! I've had FIVE crowns put on my teeth, and in 2006 and 2009 had over $2500 each year of work done on my teeth. My insurance for work is crap.

I even checked two other opinions to make sure the dentist wasn't overcharging (or making up work that needed to be done).

My husband's father was a dentist. He passed away six years ago, but at the time was one of the few people in his area who did work on credit. When the estate started to be settled, my brother in law had to start at the monumental task of collecting $2 million that he had on the books where people were doing dental work on "credit" and making minumum payments that had been arranged by the office.

Sometimes I look at my mouth, and imagine how my trip to Rome would have been. Sigh!

Good luck with your dental woes!