Sunday, January 09, 2011

Better Than Last Year

balenciaga spanish master exhibit 2
Last year's birthday was spent at my brother-in-law's funeral.  This year I vowed it would be better and made a weekend out of it.

Saturday I spent the day with an old friend.  We checked out the two exhibits at FIT.  The main one, Japan fashion was not my cup of tea.  Their fashions are just too strange and box like for my taste.   The other one, His and Her, is a comparison of male and female fashions from the 1700's until today.  This one is worth the trip.  We then hiked over to 68th and Park, to the Spanish Institute and saw the Balenciaga exhibit--worth the $15 admission.  Today, my husband and I saw seeing Flying Karamazov Brothers which was a lot of fun.  Not one for fancy meals, we had pizza at John's in the village, hot chocolate at Grom's Gelato (dark chocolate with chocolate chip ice cream) and then dinner in the car from Prosperity Dumplings.  (A $2.00 meal of vegetable sesame pancakes makes me happy.)




As I get older, I've learned to take nothing for granted.  I know I have fewer years left than have already passed so I better take advantage of every one while I still can.

7 comments:

Shireen Dadmehr said...

Happy Birthday. Sounds like you jammed it full of fun and friends and tasty treats.

Ricochet said...

I haven't seen the Flying Karamazov brothers in probably 25 years!! What a treat!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I've never met you, yet look forward to reading your blog updates every week. Your funny, sometimes snarky, observant style is a treat.
Mrs. B
Seattle

Kim Hughey said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like this year was much better.

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed your birthday...

Ms. Tsouris said...

Happy Birthday, PO'd!!

EFM said...

Best wishes for a Happy Birthday and a wonderful year to follow!