Monday, November 24, 2008

What I Want To Be When I Grow Up


The first career I ever wanted was that of a journalist. My mom convinced me that I would have a hard time earning a living that way. Besides, I hated English classes in school. I could never understand why my teacher thought her way of writing something was better than my way. So, I gave up on English and studied math. It was much harder for me, my grades were not nearly as good but, when something was wrong there was a concrete reason for it to be wrong and a solution that was indisputable.

This blog is my feeble attempt to take a crack, albeit anonymously, at a writing career. I've already tried being an ice cream scooper so all I have left to try in the way of careers is truck driving.

The reason I am writing this post is because of the following e-mail:



Hi,
Who is the contact for discussing advertising on your blog Pissed Off? We have received 5 requests this week for advertising on Pissed Off, and the page has been viewed 64 times.

I looked at the website of the guy who sent me this, and it looks legitimate. I'm not sure I want to start with any advertising. After all, this is my blog, and my issues, but it was nice to know people actually read this stuff. I even added the counter on the side to keep stroking my ego.

6 comments:

care020 said...

DOn't do it!!!

care020 said...

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you, I love your new look!

Anonymous said...

I don't think these advertisers would have a right to change your content. Keep investigating that, but they already know what you are about.

If you can get something for it, then do it!!!! You can use the money to supplement your pension or help your kids.

Schoolgal

Anonymous said...

PS:

I don't think this would violate any DoE bylaw, but you can check that out too.

Schoolgal

JUSTICE not "just us" said...

My ex girl friend worked as a "journalist". I can assure you that is there is little difference between the world's oldest profession and that which is also known as the 4th estate.

Your profession with all it problems and frustrations is a noble one!

Catherine Johnson said...

This blog accomplishes exactly what good journalism does and more.

How many journalists can give the public a look inside the black box?

Probably none.

I don't say that as a criticism of journalists; schools are set up to keep the public at bay.

"Pissed off teacher" isn't feeble and it isn't an attempt.

It's the real thing.