Wednesday, November 12, 2008

New Jobs For ATRs

Where can a person earning less than $20,000 a year do the exact same job as someone earning $100,000 a year? Impossible, you say! Not if you are an school aide in a NYC public school and your job is cafeteria duty and you are assigned to sit right next to an ATR who is also assigned to that same job because our wonderful union gave away seniority transfers and the rights of teachers to teach. (This does not happen at my school but it does at a high school near where I live. I know, I had lunch today with the school aide.

I heard a rumor that the ATRs salary will now come out of the school budget. No one is sure of how the school will pay their salaries.

This Dilbert cartoon gave me an idea. The schools can fire all the custodians, security guards and cafeteria workers and put the ATRs to work doing these jobs. They are already doing school aide jobs. They are making a lot more money than any of these other workers. Let them get their hands dirty and earn their pay.

1 comment:

JUSTICE not "just us" said...

As a future ATR, my school's grade was just published, I am all for it.

I am in good shape. I can throw out the garbage, clean toilets and sweep the floors just pay me $100,000 a year for the next five years and I will be happy and keep my trap shut! I am serious!!