Friday, June 23, 2006

Slowly I Teach

Our principal, always the great thinker has come up with a new idea. He has decided that since the regents only covers about 40% of the work taught in Math A, we should only teach 40% of the curriculum and we should decide amongst ourselves the 60% of the course that is irrelevant. I guess he thinks that if we teeeeaaaachh reeeeaaaaallly slooooooow, the material will sink into our students brains better. I'm sure he's seen this work when someone spoke slowly to him in Chinese. Let's suppose the principal is correct and we can get the kids to pass by teaching only 40%, what happens to the good students who want and need to learn the remaining 60%? We will definitely be shortchanging them. Already I have done too much math for him.

No comments: