Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Disposing Of Obsolete Materials


I just read an interesting article containing rules and regulations for disposing of obsolete DOE equipment and books.

Quick summary:

1.  Supervisor must certify that the material is obsolete and can no longer be used.
2.  All equipment, including books, must be inventoried.
3.  All DOE markings must be removed from books and equipment.
4.  Efforts must be made to get rid of the material in a way that is advantageous financially.  A minimum of three advertisements must be placed and the supervisor is responsible for responding to inquiries.

You can read the whole article here.  I am sure the feet pushing the cart to the dumpster belong to custodians.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dump all Common Core propaganda ...I mean training materials.

burntoutteacher said...

After my school was closed, I went back to the building for a couple of (pointless) interviews at the new small schools that came in. Walking the halls I saw stacks and stacks and stacks of books and materials, furniture and even computers that were being thrown out. Lots of it, especially from my old department, were new, having been ordered just a year before we shut and were totally unused. It was sooo wasteful.

Anonymous said...

Custodian in a pink jacket? I don't think so. That looks like a student to me.