Friday, November 08, 2013

Home Town Tourist


I got off the subway this morning at 57th and 6th because there is nothing like a good walk in Manhattan to make me feel good.  As I walked towards my destination I overheard a fellow New Yorker look up and then say to his friend, "I feel like a tourist."

I knew exactly how he felt.  My destination was 49th and 5th.  I could have used a closer stop.  He and I had a brief conversation about the wonders of NYC and how I never got tired of playing tourist here.  I then left him to use the bathroom in the The Peninsula  Hotel, on 55th and 5th.  (I only pee in the best places.)

This is a picture of the Rockefeller Christmas tree being raised by a crane.  I've seen it decorated and being decorated but this was the first time I actually got to see them raising it.

My friends and I don't remember American flags around the tree.  I looked back at some old pictures and found this from 2008.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for pointing out the Peninsula Hotel on the best bathrooms to use in NY list.. I do not have any bathrooms in that neighborhood yet....this post was good.

thanks ...

Tracie