Saturday, December 10, 2011

My Kind Of News Show

I get a lot of my news from Jon Stewart on the Daily Show so when a friend got tickets, I jumped at the opportunity to see him live.  I was not disappointed.

Growing up in NYC, I used to go to taping of television game shows all the time.  It was a cheap (free) way to spend an afternoon and see celebrities.  I even got to a dress rehearsal of the Ed Sullivan Show once.  As a child, I got to be on Bozo the Clown and Wonderama.  My own children were on Romper Room.  (I know all you youngsters reading this have no idea what shows I am talking about.)  Not working gives me time again to enjoy the activity I used to love.  It was fun seeing how computers have changed the way these shows are produced. 

Now, to get tickets to see my second love, Stephen Colbert.


ChiTown Girl said...

I am SO incredibly jealous that your kids were on Romper Room!!! Thanks for the trip down memory lane. :)

Daughter of PO'd said...

I remember some girl cut in front of my brother in line so I shoved her. But then I totally called my brother out on getting "Simon Says" wrong.

Pissed Off said...

And Ms. Molly reprimanded you for that. Then, you and your brother had a fight. You two were not her favorite little romper roomers. I have the tape to prove it too.