Saturday, October 23, 2010
Life Of Riley
1. Blackboards are only washed twice a year.
2. Floors are also on the limited wash list. (Not sure how many times, so I don't want to post it here.)
3. Cleaning dust is not in the contract.
4. Putting paper towels and soap in art rooms is not part of the contract.
5. Painting an entire wall is not in the contract. (They are allowed to paint up to a certain height so there are rooms with half walls covered.
6. Cleaning the insides of radiators is not covered.
I'm sure there are other things that should be done too, that are not covered.
Why isn't anyone up in arms about getting custodians to provide these basic necessities? Why are teachers the only ones with the a contract that provides the Life of Riley?