Monday, July 26, 2010

Words Of Wisdom


Our tour guide kept repeating "RIGHT IS MIGHT BUT WITHOUT MIGHT THERE IS NO RIGHT." I understand what he was referring to, but this, and many of his other phrases which I will write about at another time help me understand me better.

People, even in Israel have seen me as mighty. Only this morning, the hotel had out ice tea and fruit for the new arrivals. As we sat, waiting for our cab, and after making sure everyone who wanted the refreshment was served, I went and served myself. Soon, everyone in our little party joined in. The hotel was expensive and it was our right to partake of the extra beverages but it was only my might that allowed everyone else to enjoy as well.

Everyone better watch out when I return to school in September. Two weeks with a retired Israeli military colonel has gotten me more aware than ever of my right to might and I plan to use my might to get it.

Home today--picture from the Military Cemetery

No comments: