Thursday, February 12, 2009

Just A Little Thing Like A Certificate Makes Them Feel Good

I check out the Student Of The Month bulletin board all the time. I was hoping the boy I nominated would be up there. Unfortunately he did not make it this month, maybe next month will be his lucky time.

This kid made it. He is so proud of himself. This boy has been having a really rough year. He filled me in on some of the stuff he was going through. Now, things seem to be getting better. I took a picture of his photo on the wall and e-mailed it to him so he could share it with his parents. Here is the e-mail I got back. Maybe his command of the English language is lacking, but his feelings aren't. I'm happy that kids like him get to be recognized.

miss thnk u 4r the picture..take care


This is another student of the month. He's an honor student and the award did not mean as much to him as it did to the first boy. I took his picture anyways and e-mailed it to his mom. He was in my class last year and I knew she would be very proud of him. Here is her reply.

Yes, thank you very much -- he told me and showed me his certificate….the picture you sent added to that enjoyment!!! .

I'm happy to be able to help these kids share their success with their families

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang on to those pics.

They may come in handy later when America's Most Wanted is looking for them.

Pissedoffteacher said...

obbop--Why be so negative? why not just give these kids what they need at the moment--hope and encouragement.

They aren't criminal. They've just had harer lives than anyone their age (or any age) should have to endure.

I hope you are not a teacher.

Pissedoffteacher said...

obbop--Why be so negative? why not just give these kids what they need at the moment--hope and encouragement.

They aren't criminal. They've just had harer lives than anyone their age (or any age) should have to endure.

I hope you are not a teacher.