Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Spy Dirty Dog


Ms Dirty Dog always dreamt of being a secret agent. She grew up watching shows like Mission Impossible, Man From Uncle and I Spy and fantasized traveling the globe with a suave, good looking partner like James Bond. Unfortunately life did not have that plan for her and she became a school secretary. Ms Dirty Dog labored diligently behind her desk, always dreaming about what she felt should have been her life long work.

One day as Ms. Dirty Dog was turning on her computer, an electric shock passed through her body. She lost consciousness for a few minutes. When she woke up she was no longer Ms Dirty Dog, she was now Spy Dirty Dog. She had the power to prowl the halls during regents exams and to peer into every classroom. The teachers were terrified. No one dared to sit while proctoring. Spy Dirty Dog had her trusty pen and pad ready to record every misdeed. Pity the poor proctor who failed to notice a student had a bag on their lap or unconnected headphone wires around their neck. No one was immune to the eyes of Spy Dog.

At the close of the exam, Spy Dirty Dog reverted to her alias, Ms. Dirty Dog. The only difference was now she was content and happy with who she was. She had followed her dream. Her super ego could rest until next year's regents exam.

6 comments:

17 (really 15) more years said...

Your school is going about getting spies the hard way- that's our F status people's job.

If we sit while proctoring, that's an automatic LIF in my building.

Anonymous said...

It depends if the admin likes you. A teacher in my school was caught breaking testing protocol, and all she got was a warning from the principal not to do it again. I know for a fact she has been doing it for years because I caught her many times when I passed her room to get to mine.

Ratting seem to be a growing side job for many teachers. They are in the teachers' room, at union meetings, walking the halls. But if it can land you a better class roster, I suppose it's worth the merit pay.

Schoolgal

Anonymous said...

I say I love the old competitive spirit, whether it's a rivalry over who's spying on whom or a pointless fight to the death after a glove in the face. It's encouraging to see such tactics used by teachers, particularly when you consider they have so particular reward attached.

When I open the Smellington Academy I'll have my teachers scared of their own shadows, though I will certainly encourage dueling, and the earlier the better.

Keep the payroll down, you know.

Anonymous said...

what do you mean by 'so particular reward'?

Pissedoffteacher said...

I think Smellington meant no particular reward. That is what happens when you have an underling do your typing.

ms. whatsit said...

Sounds like the premise of a darn good book to me.