Sunday, September 09, 2007

Softy


A friend told me that Principal Suit actually asked about me over the summer. I'm sure he was hoping that I had decided to retire. Tough on him. I'm not ready to go anywhere yet.


He's always making comments to my friends about their choice of a friend. This time, he said that my friend should work on softening up my edges. My edges are just fine the way they are. They curve when they need to curve and cut through steel when necessary. He is the one that has to soften up. He is the one that needs to stop making all the nasty comments. He is the one that needs to value what I do for the school.


Principal Suit--learn to treat me and all my colleagues with respect and you will see how soft I really can be.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know if he reads this blog??

17 (really 15) more years said...

YOU need to soften up your edges? Just goes to show you that he knows absolutely nothing about you (which leads me to believe he has no idea your blog exists). Looks to me that you're fine just the way you are - let him try to find some of those "twofers" (2 new teachers for the price of -well, YOU) that come anywhere close to what you have to offer those kids.

BTW- how's your brother-in-law?

Pissedoffteacher said...

I am pretty sure he does not know this blog exists. I don't think he would like it.

My brother-in-law is out of the woods, for the moment. His big problem now is the mass on his lungs, and no health insurance to take care of it.

Anonymous said...

With a name like pissed off teacher, I expect cuddly softness ...

Anonymous said...

It doesn't matter how good a teacher any of us are, if we are too expensive, we are expendable.

Jen said...

I just wanted to say that I'm a 2nd year teacher and I LOVE your blog. It's like having my very own mentor (because no, I never had one during my first year).

Pissedoffteacher said...

Jen, thanks for your support.

Mrs. T said...

What a dumbass, this Suit. Doesn't he know that most people with an edge are actually extremely soft where it matters?

Catherine Johnson said...

He's always making comments to my friends about their choice of a friend. This time, he said that my friend should work on softening up my edges.

speechless