Saturday, March 17, 2007

Self Help


Before started venting on this blog, I vented to the newspapers, the local papers and the UFT paper and anything else that I could get to with a click of the mouse. Writing has always been my way of getting the stress out. Lots of my letters to the editor have been published. Teachers in my school are happy that I shared my trailer pictures with the world. (They don't know my site, but they know I shared them. I don't see any benefits of sharing this site with Suit.)
Now I am always hearing "You write so well, why don't you write about...

1. The ramp to the trailer with the wood that is falling apart.

2. The miserable conditions in the teacher's bathroom (filthy, no soap, etc.)

3. The Math A regents with no standards.

4. etc. etc etc.


What I don't understand is why some of these other people don't complain the way I do? They are all college graduates! They all know how to write! If others would stand up and demand things that are wrong be fixed, we might get somewhere.

So my message to all of you
DO SOMETHING YOURSELF. DON"T STAND AROUND WAITING FOR OTHERS TO FIX THINGS FOR YOU.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lead by example. Get others involved in your projects. Standing up is a learned skill.

ms. whatsit said...

Amen! My grandmother always said, "If you want something done right, you've got to do it yourself."

Pissedoffteacher said...

acwo--thanks--I just looked at some of your pics, they are great. I can't wait until I have time to see the youtubes!