Friday, March 02, 2007

Floods Again


It poured today. Of course the paths to the trailers were flooded and trailer classes were moved to the auditorium. Not wanting to waste time, I left my class briefly to go make copies of an old exam I could let my kids practice on. Of course that was the time someone was looking for me. Luckily, it was a school aid that I get along with, so no harm was done and no one knows I left.

By fifth period when I looked out a window I saw the sun was shining. I called the APO and asked if the trailers would be open for afternoon classes. "NO, IT IS STILL TOO WET OUT THERE!" Being the cynic that I am, I went out to check for myself. Guess what I found? Dry path (except for two little puddles!) I again asked if the trailers could be opened. The APO told me to go tell her secretary. Her secretary said "It is not my call." I told her I was just repeating the message her boss gave me. She mumbled something under her breath and walked away from me. Within five minutes there was an announcement that trailer classes would resume in the trailers.

The thing I can't figure out is why no administrator thought of taking the walk outside to check out the situation for themselves.

2 comments:

On the Edge said...

I cannot believe that your administrator thinks so little of his teachers that he doesn't think that they can make simple judgment calls like this.

Pissedoffteacher said...

Actually they did let me make the call. I couldn't believe that they weren't smart enough to make the call themselves.