Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Nice Lady


I was paying for my haircut today and talking to the hair stylist/owner about bringing my mom to her when my mom needs a haircut. She told me that Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday are senior discount days. I told her that her prices are cheap enough. She doesn't need to give discounts. In fact, I told her that although I don't want to pay more, she should really raise her rates. She is just too far below the going rate and she gives a great hair cut. He answer surprised me. "In this area there are tons of seniors. They can't afford to pay more. I don't want to hurt them."

I walked out of the salon thinking what a great lady she is. I gave her a 50% tip and still got a bargain.

1 comment:

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Thank God there are still some people in this world who think about others. The haircut lady is one of them...and so are you! (I'm impressed by that 50% tip, skinflint that I am!)