Saturday, February 17, 2007
Some Good Things
My closest friend in school tells me I am too negative. She told me to take a day off to try to get my head in order. She's right and wrong. One day won't help, but I am too negative. I'm going to start thinking about one positive thing that happens every day. There have got to be more positive than negative things, otherwise I would retire.
Today's thought: My friends at work.
No matter how I might appear to the outside world, I am really very shy. I fear rejection so I keep to myself most of the time. Over the years I've let a few people into my world and I am grateful to have them as friends.
1. My group of 6--we go out and celebrate birthdays together. We all put in $25 and take the birthday person shopping and then out for a dinner.
2. The cafeteria people--I always know where I can get an awful cup of coffee but bond with the friendliest, nicest people in the building.
3. The custodial staff--who share my love of Principal Suit.
4. My friend R-who cleaned my car on Valentine's day before he went home to celebrate that day with his new wife.
5. My friend L--"the cutest guy" in the building. I love everything about him, from his shorts to his tee shirts and his sock less feet. He has a heart of gold. May he live to a the age of 100 and die with a piece of chalk in his hand.