Sunday, May 11, 2008

Second Mother's Day

The second Mother's Day without my mom was much easier than the first one . Last year Mother's Day came less than one week after we buried her. Seeing the fresh soil on the newly dug grave was unbearable. Once again my dad insisted on going to the cemetery and as much as he says I don't have to go with him, I cannot bear the thought of him going alone. The beautiful day helps take away some of the sadness of the place.



Mom's grave. Her unveiling is next week. We came today to scrub the family stone. My dad wanted it nice and clean for her day.

Dad walking to car with his cleaning paraphenalia.
Mom loved these ducks. She used to sit on her patio and Florida and watch them for hours. I'm hoping they are bringing her happiness now.
My father's grandparents graves. No one bothered to pay for perpetual care so we cleaned all the weeds around them today. You can see my dad's shadow as he is saying Kaddish for them.

1 comment:

EHT said...

This is my second Mother's Day without my mother as well. I understand that it can be a hard day. I admire you and your dad for working about her grave yesterday, and I will say a prayer for you. :)