Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Vacation

Boat to private island with wonderful Thai restaurant, beach and pool with a swim up bar.
Hobie cat--lots of fun sailing until we got stuck on a reef.
Private island. Huts in front hold beds to relax and hide from the sun on. Back is restaurant.
Santa's elves.
Santa arriving by speed boat.
Sandals in the sand.
View from my balcony.
Sunset cruise view.

The only white Christmas I dream of.

As far as I am concerned, the only real vacation is a vacation like the one I just came home from. An all-inclusive hotel is the ultimate luxury. You pay lots (too much) money up front but then you don't shell out another dime the entire trip. Once you get on the plane, paradise is yours.

An all-inclusive vacation comes with airport transfers so there is no need to worry about how you will get from one place to another. The airport even has a Sandal's lounge so you can start the party before you even get to the hotel.


Anyways, the weather was great, the room was beautiful, the beach and pool were magnificent, and the people are remarkable. We're getting ready to book next year's trip.

A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all.

7 comments:

NYC Educator said...

We're all very jealous. But we'll get there one of these days.

IMC Guy said...

Where did you go?

I've been to a couple of all-inclusive resorts as well and they were fantastic!

As I stare out my window at 2 feet of snow, I'm very jealous.

Profesora de espaƱol said...

Glad you had a fantastic vacation. You deserve it! Happy belated holidays.

JUSTICE not "just us" said...

You deserve it. I deserve it!
Be good to yourself cause very few will be!

Feliz ano novo as we say in Brasil!

Pissedoffteacher said...

We went to Sandal's in Montego Bay, Jamaica. I love Jamaica people and the island is beautiful.

If there is another life, I want to come back as a Jamaican!

nbosch said...

I think this is the resort my son and his new bride went to for their honeymoon. Was everybody young and just married? I had to laugh, they took hundreds of pictures, many of them with sunset back drops. The sunsets were so beautiful but they looked like fake backgrounds from a carnival!! I have a framed one and every time I look at it I can't beleive it was real.

Pissedoffteacher said...

It's real! Resort is Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay. Some guests were young couples but there were old people like me around also--all couples