Friday, October 12, 2007

Screw Up Teacher


In my school ATRs are not given mail boxes. This is a problem since one of the ATR's has a resource room and teachers need to leave exams for kids in his class. I went up to the special education department today to try to find this guy. When I mentioned the problem to the secretary, she said, "Don't worry. He won't be teaching that class next week. He's kind of lazy and a screw up. No wonder kids don't get the exams." I told her that the kids not getting the exams was not his fault. There was no place to leave them for him. In fact, it was the AP's fault because the exams had been left in her mail box and she did not pick them up and deliver them in a timely fashion.

ATR's are being set up to fail. This is just another plot to keep them from getting classrooms and to find an excuse to get rid of them altogether.

4 comments:

JUSTICE not "just us" said...

In a building in crisis communication is always non-existent. I will post the elements that make up a bad school and communications between staff and adminstration and staff and even admaninstration and adminstration is number one.

ATRs are being shunted by the regular staff. It seems are colleagues are disturbed by their presence. In my school no one talks to the Atrs because they see their future in them and that is not pleasent. Adminstration either ignore the ATRs or villify them to staff members like my skunk of a principal who refers to them as "fat cat teachers at maximum salary".

As far as for me criticizing the performance of my colleagues, I'll say what I said the John "Jerry Springer" Stossel, IF BAD TEACHERS EXIST IT IS BECAUSE ADMINSTRATORS LET THEM EXIST. I agree that we should all be the best teachers we can be. Personally, I try not to associate with people that do not do their job.

Anonymous said...

This secretary is an idiot just parroting whatever her dad, Joel Klein, says. What a lack of decency!! She needs an enlightenment session with an ATR to find out the truth behind the scurrilous fiction she is stupid enough to repeat.

Pissedoffteacher said...

I am a regular teacher and I jproudly talk to ATRs (or anyone else that will speak to me!)

JUSTICE not "just us" said...

Pissed--fewer and fewer people of good will are talking to other people of good will. That is the atmosphere that is being fostered by these little tyrants who call themselves principalsof the DOE.