Saturday, March 15, 2008

Kid's Say The Darndest Things


No one makes a big deal about Pi day in my school. I'm the only one who even bothers to wear a Pi shirt and wish the kids a happy Pi day. I wonder if I could have taken the day as an RO, being a math teacher and all.

Anyways, I have some pretty bright kids this semester. Some didn't get the happy Pi day on the board, and I had to go through the name the date game. They usually got it then and told me how corny I was. I did have one surprise, a good one and not from one of my better students.

"Pi is not 3.14.08, today's date. You are celebrating the wrong day, Ms. POd." You just have to love a kid like that.

1 comment:

17 (really 15) more years said...

"I wonder if I could have taken the day as an RO, being a math teacher and all."

Thanks for starting my day with a laugh!

BTW- don't know if you would have gotten it- too many other math teachers may have put in for it, and how would they keep the school running if they approved it for ALL of you? It's really a dilemma.