Wednesday, October 04, 2006

MY C-6 ASSIGNMENT (OR HOW I WASTE MY TIME)

I sat in the library today, as my C-6 position demands, ready, willing and able to tutor. No one showed up. Instead I marked some test papers. Some of my students really needed my help, but their lunch period is 7, not 5. I used to help them whenever they needed help. I didn't mind if I worked all three of my non teaching periods some days because there were other days that I didn't tutor at all. Now that I am being forced to be in the library period 5, my tutoring is restricted to that period and that period only. I know that my being in the library looks good on paper for the principal. He has tutoring available every period of the day. Too bad he never really bothered to see when it would be most beneficial to the students.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boy, you teachers are so picky. I, on the other hand, am on hall patrol, keeping my corridor safe for democracy. I used to translate for new arrivals who spoke Spanish, but I'm much more useful examining hall passes.

Pissedoffteacher said...

I feel safe knowing there are teachers like you in the halls. Thanks from the bottom of my heart.

Anonymous said...

I must submit a monthly report, describing what I did every single day during "circle my 6" time. I must put dates, time and with what teacher I was working or what in the hell I was doing. I usually work with the Science teacher. We tutor after school, 3 days a week, for 51 minutes.

Pissedoffteacher said...

Can you complete the report on C-6 time? As for me, I am on strike. I do no professional work on my preps or lunch!

Anonymous said...

Whatever looks 'good' on paper by a DOE administrator really means nothing in the long run..That so- called paper that supposedly make administrators look good can be used for cat litter or for dogs to go to the bathroom on it.