Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Messages From My Students


On this snowy day I am sitting at home appreciating the fact there is no where I have to be.  I started rummaging through an old box of cards.  I found cards from dear friends and relatives, many passed away years ago. I also found heart warming ones from former students, some I remember, but many I have forgotten.

Here are a few, typed because my scanner is not working on this computer:

To Mrs. POd,
Hi!  Well I felt you deserved at least this much from me to show you how much I appreciate you and how much I really do need you to keep me in line because if you didn't help me or wouldn't help me, I don't know how I would make it through school.
Love always, Kelly!!


Dear Mrs. POd,
You are a great Math teacher.  You have a very nice and caring heart.  Thank you so much for making me feel smart.  To tell you the truth when I first came in to your class I was very surprised to know that you thought I was smart.  I couldn't believe it.  I didn't want you to know that I was dumb so I tried to get really good grades on my tests.  You are the first person who ever told me that I am smart.  Thank you.  You make learning Math fun and exiting.  Also thank you for teaching me how to use the graphic calculator.
Thank you for being there!  Have a Happy New Year.
Manpreet 

Thank you for your concern and your help in Functional Analysis.  You make learning math fun and interesting.  And you're right, it is the "circle of math."
Salome

Dear Mrs. POd.
I just wanted to say a quick "thank you!" for all of your patience, guidance, support and understanding with me this term.  You are someone I will always be grateful to.  After graduation, I'll make sure I come to visit you, if you don't hit the lottery! You not only helped me out, but you helped out Rob for me-and I just wanted to tell you how much it all means to me.  Thanks from the bottom of my heart.  I love you, Kompel
P.S.  It's not your fault if anyone fails the regents-you did your best!  If they fail, it's because they deserve it-always remember that. 

Danielson and Common core don't measure the most important things we do for your students.  I am glad I am gone before I had to worry about those things.  I am sure my students would have suffered.

(I wish I was waiting for the plane above to take me some place warm right now.  This picture is from my Aruba trip.  We were lucky enough to be there during the last cold wave.)


No comments: