Thursday, May 30, 2013

Don't Ask Others To Do What You Won't Do


I wonder if the Principal would have a problem sitting for a 3 hour calculus exam, an exam in a subject he knows nothing about.  I'm guessing he wouldn't like it one bit and would probably find being forced to sit there, without his I-pad, phone or music would be extremely stressful.

I wonder why this same Principal has no problem making special ed students sit for an exam they have already failed numerous times and have no chance of passing?  This exam will do nothing for the student.  Is improving the school's ratings worth the torture these young students will be put through?  I wouldn't think so, but then again, I am not an administrator or a person looking to boost my resume.

Clarification:  Kids who are being told to take these exams have already passed what they need for graduatin.  This exam does nothing to help them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Child abuse has prevailed in the ISS Department for I'd say 3 years now....

NYC Educator said...

In fairness, not all tests are mandated by the principal. As awful as they are, most are mandated by the state.

Pissedoffteacher said...

In this case the Principal is mandating.