Friday, May 04, 2012

And He Calls Himself A Reporter


Poor little Yoav Gonan of the NY Post is all upset and I do apologize.  I thought he had quoted me in an article but I was mistaken.  I guess I have been spending too much time reading rags like the Post and I followed their lead by not checking my facts before I wrote them. 

I hope Mr. Gonan realizes that the apology is for that and nothing else.  Mr. Gonan picks and chooses what he presents in his articles to elicit the responses he and his bosses so desire.  When I called him on his article he must have said what I wrote.  I know I didn't pull his comment out of the air. 

Gonan, in the comment he left on Ednotes, justifies his article by pointed out the sentence he wrote about Mulgrew.  Wow, he gave a whole sentence to the union's side.  Let's hear it for this fair guy. He said he didn't make it clear where he got his information from.  Isn't that a good reporter's job. He also takes no responsibility for the headline, blaming the editor's for its sensationalism  I reread the article and personally think the editor's did a great job when they chose that headline for his article.  It fit exactly what he wrote to the tee.

From Wikipedia:

Yellow journalism, or the yellow press, is a type of journalism that presents little or no legitimate well-researched news and instead uses eye-catching headlines to sell more newspapers.[1] Techniques may include exaggerations of news events, scandal-mongering, or sensationalism.[1] By extension, the term yellow journalism is used today as a pejorative to decry any journalism that treats news in an unprofessional or unethical fashion.[2]


Mr. Gonan, your article was yellow journalism.  If there was a data report for journalists, you would get an F.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

P.O..I should hire you to be my attorney. You are very good at making strong arguments. Maybe its not too late to get J.D.