Thursday, April 19, 2012

Change For The Best

The best laid plans don't always work out but sometimes the alternative plan is even better.

I found the seminar at 50 Broadway cancelled when I arrived at 9:45 this morning.  At first I was pissed.  It took me an hour and a half to get there only to find no one bothered to call to tell me about the date change.  The secretaries were sweet and sorry I didn't get a call.  They refunded my big $2 fee and gave me the opportunity to sit in any other class offered.  I decided instead to enjoy the day in the city.

I began with a walk to a nearby school where I visited with an old friend, now an AP.  T is not a typical AP. He still respects teachers and does not take advantage of the power of his job.  He never makes anyone cry.

I then got to visit the 9-11 Memorial.  They don't make it easy.  Tickets have to be picked up on Vessey St, about 6 blocks away.  The line is huge but moves fast.  It was worth the walk and the wait.

The day was beautiful so I headed west and walked up the Hudson River.  Before I knew it, I was on 14th St and hit the Highline again (third time this spring--I never get tired of it).  I continued on to the end and then walked over to 34th and 6th to catch train home.

According to the App on my phone, I walked close to 6 miles.  After two recent equivalent walks, I finally got it and wore comfortable shoes.

A few more pictures on Facebook.  Others will be added in the next few days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love those days when things don't go as originally planned..but can still make and have a great day anyway..those tend to be the memorable days that stick out for me.