Sunday, November 12, 2006

Six Hours and Forty Minutes

Friends who aren't teachers are always telling me what a great job I have. I only work 6 hours and 40 minutes a day. I'd like to know how many of these friends got up at 8:00 AM Sunday morning to grade papers, enter the grades in the computer, and then sit for the rest of the day, until 9:00 in the evening, making up exams and writing lessons. Maybe I am only required to be in a school 6 hours and 40 minutes, but I am working the equivalent of 7 days a week.

2 comments:

Nic said...

I do planning pretty much every Sunday, too. Planning period is useless for anything besides gathering materials, because everyone sees that as your "free" period and feels free to interrupt you. Or ask you to cover a class.

Anonymous said...

I have the same complaint from people who constantly say that to me..blah, blah, blah!