Friday, November 24, 2006

Kids

We are spending Thanksgiving with my daughter in her new house in Maryland. It's exciting. She is only 25 years old and has purchased a town house not too far from the Baltimore area. I see so many kids her age still searching for careers and I am so proud of how well she is doing.

Too bad her maturity ends here. She just had a huge fight with her 24 year old brother (also doing well, a computer engineer almost finished with his master's degree). They went at it the same way they did when they were four and five years old. She told him to get out of her house and he packed and was ready to leave when he realized he forgot his phone. I managed to block the door when he went to retrieve it and stood there where they screamed and yelled at each other and eventually made up. My two brilliant children made up by biting each other.

Kids--got to love them.

3 comments:

NYC Educator said...

My kid is only 10. Stories from parents of older kids invariably frighten me.

Most of the horror stories are about teenagers, and knowing it doesn't end there grieves me deeply.

CaliforniaTeacherGuy said...

Love bites?

Pissedoffteacher said...

only a teasing bite! My kids are strange.