Monday, August 03, 2015

Don't Wait For Tomorrow


One minute you are fine, the next minute you are in a hospital fighting for your life.

This is what happened to a friend of ours I will call Max, to protect his privacy.

Max was a vibrant, outgoing  69 year young man.  His only problem involved his hips which were successfully replaced a few months ago.  A month ago he developed a severe headache.  His wife brought him to the hospital. He was checked and released.  Several hours later the symptoms returned and his wife brought him back to the hospital.  At 4 in the morning she got a call telling her he has a massive stroke.  He is recovering but it is slow.  I spent the afternoon with him and wonder if he will ever be the same.

I won't go into details of his health here but I will say this.  Life is uncertain.  We don't know what tomorrow holds in store.  We don't know when our hearts will stop, when a car will plow into us or when an aneurysm will explode in our brains.  I want to enjoy every minute I have and not wait until tomorrow.

Prayers for a full recovery for Max and for strength and hope for his family.

1 comment:

reality-based educator said...

Wise words, PT. My thoughts are with your friend.