Saturday, May 09, 2020

Counting My Blessings

As I picked up this broke hanger to toss out, I thought, “how lucky I am.”  I was remembering my trip to Cuba, a country where people have nothing and toss nothing away.  A Cuban would have put it together or used the pieces to create some needed item,  I watched a documentary about the Cuban people where a man spent an hour fixing a dollar pair of flip flops and was so happy with his results.  The flip flops were the only shoes he owned.

We are stuck at home with no end in sight.  Instead of whining I try to count my blessings.  I have a nice, comfortable home to wait this out in, food on the table, internet, telephone, and plenty of entertainment on television.  Everyone in my family is healthy.  And this is what I do when I get sad and depressed.